Message << Older Topic Newer Topic >>
    No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/26/2007 9:42:39 AM
    livefree

A

Body Type: A
    Start Weight: 266
    Current Weight: 240
    Goal Weight: first goal:199 longterm:150

I have been debating on whether to start this type of thread here or not and I finally decided that there HAS to be other 'newbs' like me who are POPing and plan on doing so until their goals are reached. So, here it is. I got this idea from the motivational thread started by Lady in L.A. called "100% on plan eaters, no cheaters".

But I wanted a thread that was specifically for those of us new to the plan and wanted to POP right from the beginning. That is the ONLY way we will be able to achieve our goals in the shortest amount of time. We have to work the plan!! And we have to be accountable to each other and post often for this to work. I understand the pitfalls and my first week I slipped but I decided to hold myself to a higher standard and I hope you will too. We can still discuss how hard it may be to stay POP, as long as we do stay POP. No talk of eating ick or making excuses or enabling others along the way.

The reason is I have read through so many threads where posters pop in and post a few times and just fall off the planet. There are so many avitars out there that still say "on my way". I don't want this thread to be that way. So if you are in it to win it, please join me!! I would love to support you, and I hope you will support me too.

So let me give you a little bit of background info on me. I'm a twenty-something stay at home mom of a toddler and a wife to an amazing man. I love everything about my life, except the way I look. I have allowed it to hold me back for too long and I have finally decided that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! I have never committed to an eating plan or "diet" 100% before, and my results reflected as much. However, this time is different. I have been given the tools and I am completely committed to reaching my goals and I don't intend to stop until I reach them!! Every time I reach in the pantry for my op food and I pass over the snack cakes, the processed foods, the things that I have eaten for so long that caused me to look this way, I feel the most incredible sense of power!! I am no longer a slave to food. It will only be 3 weeks tomorrow but my life has already taken a dramatic turn for the better. I feel healthier, I look better, I sleep better. And this is only after 14 pounds! Can you imagine what it will be like in 30, 40, 50?!!

So my new mantra, which was taken from a beautiful lady here on the forums, is this: NO EXCUSES, NO ENABLING!!! Because we all know that nothing tastes as good as being sexy feels!!

http://www.trippytext.com/ - Trippy Text

Report this post  |  Post #1  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/26/2007 10:20:53 AM
    nikecam

A

Start Weight: 250, all time high 280ish
    Current Weight: 229
    Goal Weight: 120

i think this is a great idea. sam (doinga180) and i will be essentially POP-perfect and tomorrow is the beginning of our third wk too.

i discussed on another forum where i subbed peanuts/almonds for my mid meal snack protein but the weight completely stalled. stopped that on friday and the scales started moving.

i, too, feel a tremendous amount of power, and more importantly, pride when i overcome temptation. i don't think i could keep snack-cakes on hand though! i have found that it really isn't a big deal to just say "no" to an offer at work to goodies. it's not like they are offended or try to force you to eat. they just move on and take the ICK with them and then the moment of temptation is over. the end. no need to continue thinking about it.

i get so excited everyday when something new fits just a little better, or in some cases, so badly that i have to give them up! no more fat pants!

(toasting with a water glass) here's to no excuses, no shortcuts, no less than our best!

thank you mandi for thinking this way and saying it out loud.

april (and sam, although he doesn't know i just committed us to perfection! hahaha)

Report this post  |  Post #2  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/26/2007 12:57:11 PM
    Slimandsexy

B

Body Type: B
    Start Weight: 232
    Current Weight: 232
    Goal Weight: 160

Wow!  Congratulations!  I just signed up today and this post is very encouraging.  I am 40 and will be 41 in less than 3 months.  I work full time and have a 23 and a 2 year old!!!  Not much time for me so I'm looking forward to getting started on the program! 

Report this post  |  Post #3  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/27/2007 11:34:37 AM
    livefree

A

I am so happy to see others here! I was worried that I would be posting all to myself!! Big Smile 

April - I am really excited you decided to join me. Not to mention we started on the same day and we have a similar amount to lose. It really helps when others are only about being POP and not making excuses for eating off plan. One thing I know for certain is that success begets success. If we allow ourselves a little slip here, and little bite or lick there, it snowballs and before you know it you've binged on junk and you're disgusted with yourself. I never want to feel that way again!! Especially after I know how good eating this way feels. Not to mention the detox that would surely happen again if we put it into our systems. I didn't go through 5 days of hellish migraines and brain fog just to do it again!!

And don't you just love that feeling of pride?! Such a sense of accomplishment for passing on the ick! You said you didn't think you could keep the snack cakes around, well I don't have a choice. My dh is in great shape and has a super fast metabolism (yeah, I want to wring his neck lol) and he refuses to eat any of the things I eat so not only do I have to keep all that stuff around, I acutally have to cook it for him. Can you imagine how hard it is to cook all the things you want to eat sooo bad and not even be able to taste it??? But like I said, it has only empowered my decisions more since I know I am able to just say no and do what is good for me and my body. That's how I know this time is different. But man, it was so hard last night to eat my tuna, sweet potatoes, and broccoli/cauliflower mix while my dh ate a pizza. It smelled so good, but I just thought about my weigh in this morning and smiled and ate what was on my plate!! Can't wait to see how far we (and let's not forget about Sam Wink )  take this!!

Slimandsexy - that's what I want to be too!!! hehe Welcome and glad to have you here also. If you've committed to being POP right from the start, you are on your way to FABULOUS!! Can't wait to hear more from you!

Here is to another 100% POP day!!!

NO EXCUSES, NO SHORTCUTS, NO LESS THAN OUR BEST!!!!!

Report this post  |  Post #4  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/27/2007 11:39:31 AM
    livefree

A

I almost forgot, I got my 15 lb avitar this morning!! That's an average of 5 lbs a week! I am super excited about it. I mentioned this on another thread, but if you want easy and quick cardio you can do in your house, check out Walk Away the Pounds by Leslie Sansome. I got 3 miles in last night and it really felt good. I know that putting in the cardio time is going to pay off so the faster I can get it done the better!

Report this post  |  Post #5  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/27/2007 1:03:33 PM
    nikecam

A

i'm very excited...today's official weigh-in was 229 and i couldn't share it because the darn forum kept timing out!

went to eat at a mexican restaurant today. this is a monday ritual with a friend of mine. stayed on plan although i might have gained a pound just watching her eat all that delicious, soft white cheese they use!

can't wait to try a new creation i thought of (although i'm probably not the first) for my mid afternoon snack...powdered eggs, my whopping .25cup banana, coconut extract all in a blender.

mandi--there is no way i could do what you do. fortunately sam and i are both type a's and doing the plan together. sometimes our mealtimes don't match up and he's able to eat fish (can't stand the stuff) but we are pretty much in the same groove. he also likes more variety than me. i'm good to eat the same thing mornng noon and night for a wk. he gets tired of it quickly. then he just has to cook his own!

april

Report this post  |  Post #6  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/27/2007 4:59:07 PM
    livefree

A

OMG!! You lost 21 pounds in 3 weeks!!!! How in the world did you do that?!? You must be so excited!! And I am excited for you! (is that enough exclamation points? lol) There is much to be said about staying POP and you are proof! I bet your hubby is ecstatic as well. How is he doing, by the way?

And congratulations on staying op at the restaurant! I'm strong, but I don't know if I'm THAT strong just yet. Just one more empowering decision to get you closer to your goal. I am so proud of you.

As for your delicious sounding concoction, I might have to give that a try. Although I have avoided anything sweet besides putting stevia in my oatmeal and my daily glass of lemonade for fear of triggering a sugar craving. I have to completely rewire my brain circuits because my downfall is definitely sugar in any form and I don't want to keep those unhealthy triggers active.

While I'm happy that my husband doesn't have a weight problem, it would be kinda nice to have a partner to do this with. I'm am almost envious of you having your dh right along with you. But we are definitely in the same boat about the variety thing. I eat the same thing day in and day out. #1. I know this combination of foods work so why mess with a good thing. #2. It goes back to retraining my brain to realize that food is just fuel and if I get too wrapped up in all the recipes and this infinite variety, I am afraid it will become a secondary type of food obsession. If I absolutely get sick of something, I will change it out, but for now simplicity is the name of the game.

As Detroit Lady says: POP has its privileges!!!

Report this post  |  Post #7  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/27/2007 5:40:27 PM
    nikecam

A

i wish i had lost 21 in two wks...actually i lost 9 pounds right before my package came so i count it since we were working towards it while we waited.

and second, i wish sam was my "dh". actually just bf right now.

sam made a DELICIOUS bbq type sauce today. just enough heat to make you know it's there. we slathered it on grilled chicken breasts tonight and rice. omg! it's some concoction of mustard, vinegar, tomato sauce, crushed red pepper, cayenne pepper, maybe something else.

the banana/coconut smoothie would have been better but i forgot to make ice and put too much extract in it. but i will definately try again.

april

Report this post  |  Post #8  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/27/2007 5:42:47 PM
    nikecam

A

i forgot to mention something great that happened tonight.

i used to go to ballroom dancing lessons but haven't been in several months. well, i was feeling so inspired by new weight today, that i went. TWO people asked me how much weight i had lost! boy did that feel great!

just makes it that much easier to be POP!

april

Report this post  |  Post #9  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/27/2007 6:35:57 PM
    Arletta

B-6 across the board

Start Weight: 263
    Current Weight: 245

Is it weird that the or does this challenge sound like fun?!  I am glad that there are others out there who are committed to not cheating.  This is also my third week, and I haven't gone off plan once.  I have lost 16 pounds as of this morning!

My biggest challenge is that I am the only person in a houseful of adults who is doing this, so they are eating lots of tempting things.  But they are very supportive and try to help me as much as they can, like eating the same carbs and veggies as I do at dinner which we all eat together. 

I have been on and off several diets and have always been heavy.  I wanted to change my life and this plan was the only one I considered as being able to help get the weight off.  Other diets have failed in the past because I let them, but no more.  I have made a commitment and I don't consider failure an option.  Guys, I am excited because I know we can do this!  See you tomorrow.

Report this post  |  Post #10  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/27/2007 7:02:37 PM
    Poppy53

Before/After

Start Weight: 192
    Current Weight: 192
    Goal Weight: 150

YES! I am so glad this forum has been started!! I am totally commited to sticking to this program and finally getting the results I dream of! Like many of you I have never really been commited to a program before, but something about 6WBMO just clicked and I love it! Lets all keep this place positive and full of success stories!! This is the end of my second week (day 1 of week 3) and I have lost 10.5 lbs, and 2% body fat!! There is nothing that is going to keep me from my goal! Everyone keep on POP'n!
    ~Poppy (Imagine that? Maybe thats why this program really clicked!)

Report this post  |  Post #11  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/27/2007 7:24:37 PM
    Dogluver

A

Start Weight: 292
    Current Weight: 267
    Goal Weight: 200

Ok, I'm just finishing day 3 and am POP, so do I count too?  I'm committed and have tried so many diets in the past, got temporary results just to blow it again.  I'm not going to say this has been easy, but my body seems to agree with this more than anything else I've ever tried.  I'm not hungry, which doesn't make sense to me because the portions look so small, but I'm really not hungry.  My biggest problem has been fat, I do miss the butter, but today was easier than yesterday and I've decided that I like vinegar with a little sweetner for salad dressing even more than my old favorite, anything creamy and fatty.  Drinking all the water has not been as hard as I thought it would be either, I fill up a 3 liter jug in the morning and it's all gone by the afternoon.  My daughter is also doing this with me, she's 20 and been a great support person.  My husband doesn't have a weight problem, so I'm still trying to figure out how to include him in our meals, I'm sure that will come with some trial and error, he's being a good sport about the whole thing.

So, can I join in too?

Karen

Report this post  |  Post #12  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/28/2007 6:21:53 AM
    Arletta

B-6 across the board

Karen, even though I only joined in last night, I say come right in and welcome!  Good to see you over here Poppy!  For me I have 3 bottles of water that are 1 l. each so it doesn't look so overwhelming.  I thought the water would be tough too, but it has turned out to be one of the easiest things for me to do.  How do you figure out how much body fat you've lost?

Report this post  |  Post #13  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/28/2007 6:30:24 AM
    Dogluver

A

How do you figure out how much body fat you've lost?

That's a good question, I have no idea.  I don't know much about that kind of stuff, I noticed on the ticker that I have a BMI, I guess it figures it out with my height and weight numbers.  I bought a new scale and stayed away from the ones that offered the option of those extra numbers, I guess because I like to keep things simple.  As my kids tell me, it means my age is showing :-).

Karen

Report this post  |  Post #14  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/28/2007 9:01:10 AM
    livefree

A

Good morning everyone! It is so nice to see more of you here! I'm going to have to check in more often to keep up with you guys.

April ~ Sorry, didn't mean to assume Sam was your dh. It was an honest mistake, I promise. And way to go on the dancing lessons. I have always wanted to take dance lessons, but I was always too self-conscious to do so. Good for you to do something fun and active! I bet having people notice your weight loss isn't so bad either! I know it is such a boost to have others acknowledge your hard work.

Arletta ~ Congrats on the 16 lbs!! We are always so happy to have others who are committed and it makes it that much easier for us to stay committed too. Support is essential and I have come to realize that I couldn't do it without the motivation from this board.
    I can totally understand about being around others who aren't on the plan and having to muster up enough willpower to stay POP. But it is soooo worth it. Every time we make the right choice, it makes us that much stronger.

Poppy ~ I love that name! Welcome aboard the POP train, next stop - skinnyville! Congratulations on your big loss! Poppy is POPing!!!!! Big Smile

Dogluver ~ Of course you count!! You would count even if you hadn't had a single POP day yet because this is a place I want people to be able to come to and find strength and motivation to POP right along with us! And how great to have your daughter doing this with you!! After all, we need all the support we can get! And I totally understand about your dh. Mine looks at my food with utter disdain and a turned-up nose!! lol Maybe if I would get more creative he would try some things but I am not worried about him right now. I cook us seperate meals for now. I have to concentrate on me and hopefully one day I will cook something that he doesn't find utterly disgusting. Ick!

Well friends, yesterday was another beautifully POP day! Did my day 1 toning and got in 3 miles with my trusty WATP. I was happily surprised last night when I felt my thigh and realized I could feel muscle underneath!! I had to smile to myself because I could actually feel what size my leg would be without all the fat on it and it is pretty small!! It's the small things that keep you going, right?? But what I have also noticed is that I am doing other things to take care of myself that before I didn't even bother doing. Like I bought some of the cocoa butter creme that I saw a BMOS post about. She said MT thinks its the best for helping your stretched skin recover and I am all about trying to keep sagging skin to a minimum. After all, who wants to be thin and not be able to show it off?!! So here is wishing you all another POPing good day!!

I just wanted to say that it seems this thread is getting many views in comparison to the posts. If any of you out there feel like giving POP a try, come on in!! All who are committed are welcome here! Just leave the excuses at the door!!!!

Report this post  |  Post #15  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/28/2007 5:11:48 PM
    Poppy53

Before/After

Start Weight: 192
    Current Weight: 192
    Goal Weight: 150

Hi! About the body fat analysis-
    I work at Curves gym and we have a hand-held machine that measures body fat. I find it extremely helpful, because you can easily tell if you are losing water or fat, or if your weight plateau is being caused by muscle mass increase. As another person said, they have scales now that analyze your body fat, I think I even saw them at costco a while back. If you are thinking of updating your scale, I would consider getting one with the body fat analyzer in it. Its just another way to track how great you are doing!!
    Keep on POP'n
    Poppy

ps- I believe they are pretty accurate, at least the one at my work is. I got my body fat% measured the old fashioned way (dunk tank style, it was pretty unpleasant) at the physiology lab at my school. The % I got from that test was within 1% of the reading I got on our little hand-held device at work. And I didnt even have to get wet or worse, be in a bathing suit!! :)

Report this post  |  Post #16  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/28/2007 6:25:54 PM
    Dogluver

A

Ok Poppy, I will tell the real reason I didn't want the fat % thing on the scale.  I don't want to know, I look in the mirror and I am so afraid a scale like that will tell me that I'm like 80% fat or something.  I know this is an unrealistic fear, but it's mine so I'll own it.  So just for the record, I HATE BEING FAT!  And now that I've actually written that down, I'm thinking I just might look into getting that other scale after all.

Mandi, thanks for telling me I count :-).  My daugher who is doing this with me is also named Mandy, just spelled differently.  Today is day 4 for us and after dinner tonight (MahiMahi, rice and squash) we were both so full that we thought maybe we went off plan, so we double checked each other and we ate the right foods and the right portions (I even bought a scale today to make sure our meat really was 2 oz), another POP day for us.  We are both really excited about stepping on the scale on Saturday morning, hmmmm, funny, the scale used to be my enemy, now she looks like my friend.  Yea, I gotta get over my body fat issue, time for me to just give it up, after all, I'm finally doing something about this.

I talked to my husband today, told him I felt bad for him because we were on this diet and he was stuck with our food.  He said he liked the food and that it was healthier for him too.  I asked him if he was sure about those potatoes without any butter and he said he really didn't mind them and he's happy to have healthier food at meals.  He also said that he's never seen me so committed to a diet before and he can tell this is more than just a diet for me, that it's a change in lifestyle and he has every confidence in me and that I will be successful.  I almost cried, he really is a sweetheart.  He's always said he doesn't care how I look, I'm always beautiful to him, he just wants me healthy so that I will be around for a long time with him.

So, yep, no excuses for me today, I'm still committed :-)

Karen

Report this post  |  Post #17  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/28/2007 6:59:05 PM
    livefree

A

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in about the body fat analysis. I bought one this weekend that measures body fat and water hydration levels for just 30 bucks. I second Poppy that it is important to know since the numbers on the scale don't really tell you all you need to know. However Karen, I understand what you mean about not wanting to know. Although, if I needed any more motivation to take the fat off, finding out my number definitely did it!! Let's just say it was less than 50%, but not by much. While I was pretty disgusted for a moment, I had to remind myself that it won't be that number for long and for the first time I am actually doing something about it besides being depressed and stuffing a pint of Ben & Jerry's down the chute.

Karen ~ I happen to LOVE your daughters name!! lol  I don't know if you know, but squash is actually a carb in the bb. I don't think you should be eating rice and squash in the same meal. I made that mistake myself. Maybe that's why you guys felt so full. Although the MahiMahi sounds delish!!

Your husband sounds so sweet!! It seems like you have a great support system at home. Now if only I could get my dh to understand the benefits of eating healthy! I'm working at it, but I think he'd rather go to the dentist than eat the stuff on my menu.

18 days POP
    15 lbs gone forever!!!

Report this post  |  Post #18  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/28/2007 7:00:12 PM
    Arletta

B-6 across the board

Mandi - I totally know what you mean with feeling the muscles beneath the fat.  I was doing my body sculpting today and ended with doing exercises on the floor.  As I sat up, I felt my abs contract and I was so happy because they felt stronger and they weren't that far below the surface.  That so energized me!

Usually I where jeans and capris, but now that I am beginning to have more confidence in myself, I have started to wear skirts.  People at work have begun to notice.  So exciting!

Karen, it's great that your husband is so supportive!  I don't think a lot of people would willingly go without salt and butter because of the love they have for their wife and daughter.  You've got a one in a million guy.

Report this post  |  Post #19  
    Screen Name
    Re: No Excuses Newbies!! For committed POPers ONLY!! - 8/28/2007 7:05:05 PM
    livefree

A

Arletta, we were posting at the same time!! Didn't mean to leave you out!

LOL, who knew there were muscles in the stomach!! The first few times I did the bands I couldn't really feel most of the work. But I read somewhere on the boards that if you focus on that muscle and use the mind/body connection to utilize them, you get a better workout. Now I can definitely feel the muscles firing. They didn't know what was going on since they have been out of use for a very long time!!

And look at you sexy lady wearing skirts!! Confidence is the ultimate in sexy!!

Report this post  |  Post #20  
Page 1 of 565 (11287 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Subscribe to the 6 Week Body Makeover Newsletter Makeover Monthly now. Click Here .

Home | 6 Week Body Makeover Home | SMART Technique Home
Provida Products | Privacy Policy | About Provida

Provida
© 2007 Provida Life Sciences, Inc. P.O. Box 16667 Encino, CA 91316