Online blueprint/Determine your body type - 4/1/2006 8:19:10 AM
    BMOS Dolores

Before/After

A 2/1/3

Body Type: A
    Smart Behavior: Repeat Offender
    Start Weight: 237
    Current Weight: 145

The post following this one gives some descriptions of each body type. Smile

Note from former Associate Recipe Consultant Gail, June 2013:  Since the online version of the quiz is no longer available online, I've provided scans of the written version.  Click twice on either the link or the images and print if you wish-- and please, PLEASE don't skip past Dolores' very, very informative post directly below. 

I truly loved every minute assisting you all here on the 6WBMO forum, but I no longer work here. For swifter assistance, please submit your program questions to BMOS JP and technical questions to Forum Admin. Love to you all!

Recipe Forum

Answers to Common 6WBMO Program Questions (FAQ)

Answers to Common Forum Use Questions (Technical FAQ)

General Food and Cooking FAQ

What is it and where do I find it?

New Body University, Provost's Office

Additional Products Page

Report this post  |  Post #1  
    Screen Name
    Message << Older Topic Newer Topic >>
    RE: Try the online blueprint - 4/3/2006 12:15:10 PM
    BMOS Dolores

Before/After

A 2/1/3

Body Type: A
    Smart Behavior: Repeat Offender
    Start Weight: 237
    Current Weight: 145

Along my 'travels' on this Chat Forum, there are often questions about whether a person has selected the correct body type. I posted a response what was appreciated by several members, so I've cut and pasted the message here...maybe it will help others out there as well:

Whereas there are some generalizations I am able to make about what is 'normal' or 'typical' for a particular body type, what I can't do is get inside your heads to help you to respond to the questions in a consistant and totally, brutally honest manner. Let me explain.....

Very often I will come across a person who has taken the quiz and comes up with a C body type. A C body type is typically one who is more 'stout and muscular' or 'long and muscular'. Think of a female PE teacher you may have had back in school. She may have had some really killer legs (meaning nice...muscular calves, not much fat on the thighs) BUT then she had a gut, maybe a heavy face, etc. Or, think of Mia Hamm, the soccer player, but imagine her with some fat on her body. Those two examples are typical C people. Okay, now think of Mia Hamm who really, REALLY has packed on the pounds. She has an athletic body underneath from yearrrrrrrrrrrs ago, BUT has gone from a C to PROBABLY a B. Why? Because fat is covering so much of her body, that the muscular understructue is very hidden. So, she may start out as a B to get the fat off, but then will change back to the C that she is underneath.

I think another thing that may happen when people believe that they are a C are the questions about muscles. I know in the past that when I was 237 I would have told you that I was strong rather than weak, and I was fairly strong! (One thing that most heavy women will tell you..."Ohhhh, my legs are sooo strong!" Yes, they are!! They have to carry themselves around, which was certainly true in my case as well!) I would have told you that I had a large bone structure, when in fact it is actually quite small! Why? Because I wanted to think that what I've done to my body couldn't ALL be my fault, it HAS to have something to do with my structure. The fact alone that I needed to lose around 100 pounds and had been heavy, or at least chubby, as a kid would tell me that I'm an A. The fact that I needed to lose 5+ dress sizes told me that I was an A. The fact that my weight WOULD damage my health, although through the grace of God it hadn't yet.

An A is an endomorph...you gain weight very easily, have the slowest metabolism. You were probably a chubby, even if not terribly overweight, child. You could have upwards of 50 pounds to lose, but quite likely more like 100+

A B is an endo-meso a person who is fairly muscular but with a good padding of fat. This person who was relatively 'average' (for lack of a better word) as a child or teenager. As you became an adult, you may have started having children, your life became a bit more sedentary, etc. It adds up. You probably have a thicker midsection than bottom or top. You could have anywhere from 25-100 pounds to lose, depending on how quickly you've gained, or how long you've let it go.

A C is a true mesomorph. A person who was the jock type as a kid, tom-boy if you are a girl, 'all boy' when you were a boy. You may be stout, meaning solid and short, maybe average legs, but thick around your torso. You may be quite tall, thick bone structure, SOLID. This person is very often one who was engaged in many sports as a kid througout school and maybe even college. (Note: some women may be a C underneath, but not quite yet!! After 50-60 pounds are removed, you may become the C of your TRUE self.)

A D is an ecto-endo. They have plenty of fat around their body, sometimes appearing shapeless, may have lots of lose flesh, very little muscle in their body. Your body may have been thin growing up, but as the pounds added up, you became doughy (sorry...again, I'm trying to create a picture here, not insult anyone!) You really don't have much in the way of muscles, which is why you are recommended to get plenty of beef in your program.

An E is an ecctomorph. You are our thinnest member. You were the proverbial 'stick child' when growing up. You were all elbows and knees knocking together, people used to call you 'string bean' or bean pole growing up. You may be tall and very thin, but have a gut around you, but your limbs will be skinny still.

Mind you, these are some GENERALITIES from what I've learned over the years. I've also learned that many of us, and I'm speaking to women here but it may pertain to men as well, that we lie to ourselves to save our feelings. The problem is, women can go both ways meaning that I've seen women here who have 15-20 pounds say that they are ABSOLUTELY an A 5/6/6. We all know that's impossible. And in the opposite manner, I see women who weigh 235 (around where I was) classifiy themselves as C 2/2/2. 2/2/2 would indicate that they are basically a ruler....very narrow, but not much shape. How could a person who has nearly 100 pounds to lose be narrow....? Depending on the body shape, it SHOULD be up in the 4-5-6 range, IF one is being truly honest and owning what their body is. I was maybe a 5/5/6, maybe a 6/5/6. I had an hourglass shape even as a very heavy person, thus the smaller middle number.

I know I'm going on and on, and if I were sitting with you I could help better, but I'm not so you are going to have to go inside your head and heart and really puzzle through what you really are. Own it, work with it, see it through to the end

I truly loved every minute assisting you all here on the 6WBMO forum, but I no longer work here. For swifter assistance, please submit your program questions to BMOS JP and technical questions to Forum Admin. Love to you all!

Recipe Forum

Answers to Common 6WBMO Program Questions (FAQ)

Answers to Common Forum Use Questions (Technical FAQ)

General Food and Cooking FAQ

What is it and where do I find it?

New Body University, Provost's Office

Additional Products Page

Report this post  |  Post #2  
    Screen Name
    Re: RE: Try the online blueprint - 7/1/2013 6:52:23 AM
    Associate Recipe Consultant Gail

Before/After

C

Body Type: C
    Start Weight: 164.4
    Current Weight: reached goal 1/25/05
    Goal Weight: 134

Effective February 2013, I'll be moving on to other Provida adventures and will no longer be part of the 6WBM staff.   I've enjoyed working with you all and wish you the best with your weight loss endeavors.

Report this post  |  Post #3  
    Screen Name
    Re: RE: Try the online blueprint - 7/1/2013 6:54:13 AM

Before/After

C

Effective February 2013, I'll be moving on to other Provida adventures and will no longer be part of the 6WBM staff.   I've enjoyed working with you all and wish you the best with your weight loss endeavors.

Report this post  |  Post #4  
    Screen Name
    Re: RE: Try the online blueprint - 7/1/2013 6:56:06 AM

Before/After

C

Report this post  |  Post #5  
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Subscribe to the 6 Week Body Makeover Newsletter Makeover Monthly now. Click Here .

Home | 6 Week Body Makeover Home | SMART Technique Home
Provida Products | Privacy Policy | About Provida

Provida
© 2007 Provida Life Sciences, Inc. P.O. Box 16667 Encino, CA 91316