Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Rate This Thread:
Sort Posts:     
    Screen Name
    Message << Older Topic Newer Topic >>
    How to bake a potato without oil? - 10/5/2010 2:54:55 PM
    nsquare09

Start Weight: 281

I have foil and a non stick pan but usually things stick a little anyway. How should I bake the potato?

Report this post  |  Post #1  
    Screen Name
    Re: How to bake a potato without oil? - 10/5/2010 4:55:08 PM
    Associate BMOS Joanna

Before/After

B 3/2/3

Body Type: B
    Start Weight: 192
    Current Weight: 137

Well I'm not the cook around here, but you can make potatoes many ways without oil. I microwave mine, you can bake them in the oven if you have time, or saute potato chunks in a non stick pan (perhaps even adding free veggies)- I would use a medium heat for this.

Report this post  |  Post #2  
    Screen Name
    Re: How to bake a potato without oil? - 10/5/2010 6:20:48 PM
    Associate Recipe Consultant Gail

Before/After

C

Body Type: C
    Start Weight: 164.4
    Current Weight: reached goal 1/25/05
    Goal Weight: 134

I confess.  I've never used oil or foil on a baked potato in my life.  I wash off surface dirt, put on rack of my toaster oven, set somewhere in the vicinity of 425 degrees and ignore for about an hour.  If I don't want to eat it just yet, I'll turn the oven down to 300 and ignore it longer.  I'm weird. 

How you make your potato will likely depend upon how you prefer them.  Wrapping in foil will produce a softer skin and sort of steams the potato rather than baking it; leaving the foil off will leave the outside crispy.  Oil and foil together seems to me counterproductive, but what do I know?

Here's a page with slightly different thoughts on the subject of baking potatoes in the oven and one on the subject of nuking them in the microwave.

Effective February 2013, I'll be moving on to other Provida adventures and will no longer be part of the 6WBM staff.   I've enjoyed working with you all and wish you the best with your weight loss endeavors.

Report this post  |  Post #3  
    Screen Name
    Re: How to bake a potato without oil? - 10/6/2010 4:58:49 AM
    Monasue

Before/After

B 4 2 2

Body Type: B
    Start Weight: 202
    Current Weight: 202
    Goal Weight: 130

You can also steam them on top of the stove.  Get a pan with a good fitting lid, put in maybe a 1/2" of water, add the whole potatoes, bring to a boil then turn down the heat and just simmer.  It takes about the same amount of time as baking but doesn't heat up the kitchen.  Little trick I learned one summer in Texas when we lived in a trailer with no air conditioning. Big Smile

Report this post  |  Post #4  
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Subscribe to the 6 Week Body Makeover Newsletter Makeover Monthly now. Click Here .

Home | 6 Week Body Makeover Home | SMART Technique Home
Provida Products | Privacy Policy | About Provida

Provida
© 2007 Provida Life Sciences, Inc. P.O. Box 16667 Encino, CA 91316